>>>>

Monday, May 15, 2017

Showing & Sharing in Maryland!

20170513_090519
Show & share comes in many forms!

And I am always excited to see what you have done with the fabrics you love, be it a bed-sied quilt, a table runner, a wall hanging, a pot holder, or in this case a fabulous TOTE made with Pineapple Crazy blocks, crazily reduced in size to be even SMALLER!

Sylvia brought her tote to class in Linthicum, Maryland this past weekend and we all went nuts over it.  It’s GORGEOUS!

She said the funniest thing is when people ask her where she got the printed “FABRIC” for the tote.

And then she has to pick them up off the floor when she explains that it isn’t one piece of printed fabric, this is her patchwork – all of the precious tiny saved pieces!

20170513_090523

How cool is this??

The block pattern for Pineapple Crazy is found in my book String Fling.

Being as it was Mother’s Day weekend, there was also a special event happening at St Paul’s Lutheran church where our workshops were happening. 

Mother’s Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend there is a special service to bless all of the quilts and comfort blankets destined for Lutheran World Relief.

20170513_124931

The small side chapel with pews covered in comfort quilts!

20170513_125114

The main sanctuary ALSO covered!

20170513_125150

What an amazing sight!

These comfort quilts are evidence of “many hands at work” and will cover those in need with cheery color, bright and happy patterns as they are distributed around the world to those in need.  There were also fleece blankets perfectly small for handing to little children who have so little.

It just did my heart good to see so much good coming from the heart!

Enjoy the rest of shared quilts in the slide snow below:



Yesterday morning’s drive was easy and uneventful, back roads all the way.  I loved it – I really hate driving up I-95, and taking 29 through Charlottesville, VA all the way to Greensboro, NC was just the ticket.  I’ll use this route again. I’ll take the route through the mountains any chance I get!

a 3 hour nap soon followed upon my return home, and it was great to have everyone else take care of dinner.  Steaks on the grill, a great salad, baked potatoes with all of the fixings…full belly happy mama!  And Jeff surprised his mama when he walked in bearing a bouquet of flowers for Mother’s Day.  Perfect.  Just perfect.

20170514_192240

And this girl.

I just sat on the front porch swing for quite a while.  Just sitting, swinging, and listening to birds.  Lovely evening and so glad to be home.

20170514_214138

A bit of evening stitching!

These are the string snowball blocks I started before heading out to VA/MD.  Pretty brainless, and easy evening sewing without having to match points or worry about seam allowance.

20170515_063930

Morning trim up!

20170515_064058

It doesn’t take much to make this girl happy!

This is a very short “layover” at home.  I have just today to get ready for tomorrow’s flight to Portland, Oregon and then up to Washington State to teach for two back to back Quiltville Fans of Washington retreats.  Oh boy.

Get more than 60 orders out the door by Post Office closing time today, repack the trunk show and the suit case and be ready to head to the airport at 4:45am tomorrow morning.

How I am going to do this?

5_15_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage quilt found in Virginia.

First things first, second things second.  Put things on the list, cross them off one thing at a time, and don’t forget to BREATHE!

Have a wonderful Monday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. When you make your list, Bonnie, put "make a list" at the top so you can mark one thing off immediately! You amaze me again and again! Glad you at least got to swing some and were well loved on your Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, so glad to hear you had a restful Mother's Day. My daughter graduated from college on Friday and we spent most of the Sunday traveling to get home. I wanted to tell you though that reading this morning's post made me think of when my kids were little. My son had test anxiety and would get so stressed on test days. We would tell him it is was ok, to just relax and take his time, he would do great. That morphed into me singing to him "Take your time, do it right..you can do it ya babe..do it just right!" He is now 24 and has admitted that he still sings that song to himself when he starts to feel overwhelmed by a given task. Being a mom is pretty awesome.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that smile on Sadie's face❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️That says it allπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ‘πŸ’❣️❣️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, how many of those neutral blocks are needed for this yet to be named project of cheddar tipped snowball blocks? I see the cheddar pieces in the project box... Good to hear your boys treated you well on Mothers Day! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie:
    I am so glad you had a peaceful day at home on Mother's Day, and a nice nap before dinner.

    OH, I wish I was going to be with you in Portland or WA State. But, I will not be going down until next month.

    Have A great trip[ to the Pacific Northwest, and hopefully the rain will go away during your stay, and you can see MT Hood and Mt. St. Helen's while you are there.

    Donna
    Kasilof, AK
    where the sun is shining brightly today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited that you are coming to Washington, but unfortunately I won't get to meet you. (I really have no clue where you are going to be in Washington!)
    But...Welcome to my new home state!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just LOVE the way your happiness "shines through" when I read today's post. It's like reading a big smile!

    Best Regards,
    Agneta in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your take on getting ready when you have so much to do in so little time. I'm not ready yet and can't wait for our retreat to start in Washington State. Ya! It finally got here. See you soon. Hope you get some rest :)
    Dena

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)