>>>>

Monday, July 18, 2016

Scrap Quilts Course is Up and Running!


 

We are off and stitching up a scrappy storm with this repeat series of Scrap Quilts on CraftU!

It’s not too late to join in….the series runs for 6 weeks!

Join other students as they follow through my lesson segments featuring 6 blocks from my Addicted to Scraps Column.  Make more than just blocks, turn them into fabulous quilts while learning all of the tips tricks and techniques I have to show you!

Put your scraps to better use by learning how to not only save them, but use them to their full potential. This course focuses on block construction, with the final quilt being up to the imagination of the maker. Courses were inspired by Bonnie’s favorite blocks found in her Addicted to Scraps column with Quiltmaker Magazine.
You'll love this course if you are:
  • A beginning quilter who wants to learn tips and techniques that will make your quilting experience successful
  • A quilter who wants to learn to work with recycled fabrics and scraps of fabric from other projects



This course that will from July18th to August 29th 2016.

I’m extremely pleased with how this course turned out, and I’ve packed it full of all of the hints, helps, tips and tricks that I could – things I use in my every day scrappy quilt life.
It’s like being here with me in my own studio!

((We had so much fun doing this that I am headed to Golden Colorado again in August to film another workshop series!))

In Scrap Quilts with Bonnie Hunter I’ll talk to you one on one about how to best manage your scraps, how to put specialty rulers to good use, and how to create the blocks featured in my  Addicted to Scraps column-easily, quickly, and oh so scrappily using the fabrics and scraps you already have on hand.


Ready, Set, Action!

There is a gallery section where you can share your progress and converse with other class mates!

You can sew and view at any hour of the day, work it in to your schedule as it fits!

If you are busy during this time? No worries!  Simply download the videos to your own computer.  You own them!  FOREVER!  So even after the course has completed, you can go back again and again and again to view the videos as many times are you want because they are YOURS once you download them.

I was talking to some students just this week who LOVE this feature because they are on slower internet and streaming isn’t always possible.  Download the sessions to your computer and you can watch them any time you want, even when not connected to the internet.  Save your data plan!

2016 is a great year to GET SCRAPPY!
 
I want to share with you some of the experiences of former students, because they say it ALL!
Kristie writes: 
Hey Bonnie!
I have to say thank you once again for your craft online university classes.  I have been working on Clue One and here is what I have found out I can make half square triangles that measure out correctly without adjustments and I think that is the difference in what you taught about line on the fabric when cutting and a seam allowance that is marked perfectly with a guide in place.
Using your yellow machine seam ruler allows me to remove the guide if need be and still re-position perfectly to start again.

The biggest improvement is in how I see neutrals, I really grew in that department and you covered it in several of the classes so it stuck in my brain.  Now that my confidence is up and I am comfortable with accuracy going to leader ender some Joyeaux blocks so I can make a table runner.
I was shying away from triangles because I never was good at them.  I am still struggling with the border or Roll Roll cotton boll but think I will take the units apart re cut a few triangles and try again fresh.
When I sew the units together I nest the seams and that seems fine, but when I open there is not a quarter inch seam allowance to sew the borders to which I think means I cut wrong.  So that is the plan for that one.

Just wanted to tell you that I was hesitant to do what I considered to be a “beginner” level course, I found that going back to basics and unlearning what I thought I knew made the difference in being successful.
Best Wishes,
Kristie J
Linda writes:
Hi Bonnie,
I joined your class at CraftU and I am one of those who had to download everything and watch everything first.  Must be my age!!

I do have the Easy Angle rulers, both sizes, but as I DON'T like math it was a pleasure to learn how to do it and also I am a visual person.  Your teaching/instructions are off the wall and I "get it".
I have been quilting for almost 15 years and watching your videos has opened another world for me.  "Who Says You Can't Teach An Old Dog New Tricks???".
Although I might not see you in Canada I certainly hope to see you in Rochester in 2017 with a few more quilters to bring along.  I also enjoyed taking your cruise "in my dreams" on line.  Perhaps a cruise with you will be in my future.
Thank you Bonnie for all your hard work but remember to stop and smell the roses along the way.  Each day I look forward to your Quiltville emails and I especially like Quilt Cam.
Stay safe and healthy,
Linda R
And there are many many more!  I have loved interacting with my students through the forum on the class website and sharing in the photos they have uploaded of their projects in progress.
You can be a part of this too!
AddictedtoScraps1

These quilts are also found in my soon to be released book:
Addicted to Scraps!

If you participate in the workshops, you’ll be ready to go when the book comes out!


  Come Get Scrappy with Me!
The regular retail price of this 6 segment course is $129.00 But I have a special deal for you, perfect for summer!
 
Register now through THIS LINK and enter the code BHSCRAP in the coupon box at checkout when registering.  You will get all 6 workshop segments covering 6 block designs, all of my hints, tips and tricks for $99.00.  That’s just $16.50 per workshop segment.  You just can’t beat that!
 
Remember to use the code to get the discount!
 
I'll be seeing YOU at Craft U in July!
 
**Note** This is not the NEW series, I won't be filming that until August.  This is the one that started running last November.  If you've already taken it, you already own these videos :)
 
 
**SIDE NOTE!** If you have completed a Wanderlust Quilt which was featured on the cover of Quiltmaker July/Aug 2014 issue, I need SIX volunteers willing to send their quilts to Golden Colorado to be part of a special show & share segment in my online workshop.

Are you willing and able?  Quiltmaker will take care of the return shipping to you, but you must be willing to send the quilt to them for their use. Please contact me by email along with a photo of your quilt.  I’m hoping there are some “different” ones out there so that we can show what else can be done with this pattern color-wise as I think it would be more interesting if they are not all the same.  Do you have one? Email me!
 
And with that, I’m off and running to Montana in the morning!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. wow a second series? that is terrific bonnie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this craftU class the same one as the first one you did with them? If it is I have done that one, and don't need two of the same thing. Thanks, Dalina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in heaven - I have enrolled for the course and have pre-ordered the book and templates. Thank you for all the hard work and keeping us inspired Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in heaven - I have enrolled for the course and have pre-ordered the book and templates. Thank you for all the hard work and keeping us inspired Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)